Today marks the start of The Organised You recipe series! Over the next few months, I'll be releasing a new recipe every Tuesday, which you can download for FREE by clicking on the link and saving or printing a copy for yourself (available in both colour, and black and white). Today's recipe - easy pea and bacon quiche.
Once I've shared a number of recipes, I'll be showing you how you can use them to meal plan for the week/fortnight/month, and give you heaps of great hints for faster food shopping; pantry, fridge and freezer organisation; snack and lunch prep; and bulk cooking. Lots of tips and tricks coming your way!
Today's recipe is a modified version of a delicious quiche recipe a good friend passed on to me several months ago. This pea and bacon quiche quickly became a fortnightly regular in our house because it is SO easy! And delicious of course. I added a few extra ingredients, and cut down some others. You can easily do the same by adjusting the vegetables and meat to suit the tastes and likes of you [and your family]. Hope you enjoy it, I'd love to hear what you think :)
Easy Pea & Bacon Quiche
- 4 eggs
- 4 bacon rashers/ 1/2 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh peas
- Handful of parsley
- (you could also add chopped spinach, tomatoes, grated zucchini)
- Mix ingredients together lightly (do not over-mix)
- Pour the mixture into a large, deep pie dish. There is no need to grease the dish.
- Bake at 200 C (390 F) for 40 minutes
- Serve with a simple salad