On a recent poll in our Home Balance Facebook community, I asked group members which kitchen item they found most difficult to store and organise. And the resounding answer was the spice collection!
There are a few reasons why spices can be so difficult to store and organise...
- There are so many different types of spices that you may have in your collection within bottles, jars, and/or packets that you need to store
- Although you may tend to use the same few spices over and over again, there's also many that you will have bought for a specific meal or a particular occasion which then just sitting there taking up storage space
- Opened packets can spill, or the contents can go stale, if they're not sealed properly
- Spice jars or containers can take up quite a lot of storage space within a cabinet or drawer
My spice storage method is fairly simple and straightforward, so in today's episode of The Organised You TV, I'm detailing 4 simple steps that will help you organise your spice collection. I'll also be giving you a look at one of my favourite drawers in the kitchen - our spice drawer! Keep reading below this video for more ideas for how to organise your spice collection.
>> GET THE STEP-BY-STEP PROCESS FOR CREATING A MORE
EFFICIENT AND ORGANISED KITCHEN THAT WILL SAVE YOU
TIME AND ENERGY, IN 'CLEVER KITCHENS'.
CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO LEARN MORE! <<
- How to Organise Your Spice Collection (spice organisation in my previous kitchen)
- 5 Practical Ways to Make Cooking Easier and More Enjoyable
- 9 of The Best Kitchen Organising Ideas
- The Magic Solution For a More Organised Kitchen
SPICE ORGANISATION IDEAS:
- Spice rack/s on the back of a cabinet door that is either in the cooking zone or prep zone so the spices are quick to access
- A Lazy Susan inside a deep cupboard
- Utilize vertical wall space by attaching a magnetic sheet or magnetic strips to the wall, then add magnets to the bottom of your spice jars
- Vertical pull-out spice drawer with several layers of storage
- Step shelf to separate the layers of spice containers
- An under-the-shelf pull-out rack
- Attach small wire baskets to the inside of your pantry or cabinet
Let's keep the conversation going...
I'd love to hear from you in the comments below:
- If you find spices hard to organise, what is the reason?
- How do you currently store your spice collection, and how is that working for you?
If you find this video helpful, I would love for you to share it with others by clicking on any of the share buttons. Thank you so much!