WATCH DAY 1
WATCH DAY 2
WATCH DAY 3
DAY 5 CHALLENGE
DAY 4: IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS
Those little items in a kitchen can often take up a lot of valuable storage space, so today we're focusing on decluttering one particularly troublesome category - your spice collection!
Spice storage and organisation can prove tricky, as there tends to be lots of little bottles and jars and packets that you
need to find a spot for.
Therefore, a good spice declutter is an essential part of the kitchen decluttering process! You should get rid of any spice you don’t use at all and update those you use infrequently as they do become stale. Seriously consider which ones you actually use frequently and enjoy having in your meals.
Next consider the space you have in your kitchen and where you would like to keep your spices. They can either live in a
cabinet or drawer in the cooking zone, the prep zone or the pantry, whichever works best for you.
Lastly, consider how to store your spices. Putting them in small, clear, airtight jars or containers will not only keep them fresher for longer, they’ll also be easier to find than having to rummage through hundreds of open packets. Put a label on
the container and arrange them either in order of frequency of use, or alphabetically so you can quickly find the one you’re after.
Good luck with your spice declutter and reorganisation, and be sure to check out the links and ideas below for how to store your spices using some clever storage solutions. Report into the Facebook Group when you’re done!
SPICE ORGANISATION IDEAS:
- Spice rack/s on the back of a cabinet door that is either in the cooking zone or prep zone so the spices are quick to access
- A Lazy Susan inside a deep cupboard
- Utilize vertical wall space by attaching a magnetic sheet or magnetic strips to the wall, then add magnets to the bottom of your spice jars
- Vertical pull-out spice drawer with several layers of storage
- Step shelf to separate the layers of spice containers
- An under-the-shelf pull-out rack
- Attach small wire baskets to the inside of your pantry or cabinet