DAY 4: Time to get stuck in!
Today's video shows you the step-by-step process I followed in order to declutter and organise our hallway linen closet. This was a bigger job than I initially anticipated, and took me about an hour.
This session included:
- preparing and clearing the space where I would lay everything out (our home office)
- preparing cleaning supplies - dusting cloths, cleaning spray, vacuum, garbage bags
- removing every single item from the cupboard
- sorting it into 'like' categories and spreading categories out on the home office floor
- going through every item one-by-one to see whether we still used and needed it - getting rid of as much as possible
- creating new categories to be put back into the cupboard
- repurposing existing storage solutions, as well as other storage items from around the house, to hold all items (i.e. wire baskets from my son's old closet, large zipped box previously used to hold outdoor cushions etc)
- putting everything back into the closet in a more organised way by referring to my inspiration pictures
Although it took longer than I initially planned for, I was proud of how decisive I was throughout the process, and the space already feels amazing. It just needs a few finishing touches... which I'll show you over the next 2 days!
Here's a look at how I got through the actual decluttering process. Stay tuned for the complete 'after' reveal!
Are you ready to get stuck in with the decluttering and organising of your chosen space? I'd love for you to join our discussion in the Home Balance group and let us know how you go!
But if you're feeling like you need more guidance on how to get through the decluttering process so you know you'll achieve success, then Chaos to Calm is for you.
This detailed, step-by-step program will show you how to focus on living with less, and create tools that help you feel excited and motivated to declutter your home and have a more calm and organised approach to your days.
The course includes 6 in-depth lessons (along with a course checklist and detailed workbook) which focus on personal and actionable strategies. We cover the following components:
1 | Being honest and creating goals
2 | Overcoming obstacles and creating a plan
3 | Learning how to organise and schedule your time
4 | Making the tough decisions and taking action
5 | Finishing the process properly
6 | Being prepared to adjust, and turning skills into lifelong habits
If the state of your home is getting you down, or you feel like you live in a state of permanent chaos and busy-ness, then Chaos to Calm will guide you in a more peaceful direction.
>> You can jump in right now with your 20% discount, exclusive to challenge members, and only available until February 13th!